CSET: Multiple Subjects
CSET: Multiple Subjects Subtest II is being redeveloped to ensure alignment with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Registration is now open. Learn more .
CSET: Multiple Subjects consists of 4 subtests:
- Subtest I (test code 101)
- Subtest II (test code 102) (last test administration 8/6/2017—last registration date 8/3/2017)
- Subtest II (test code 214) (first test administration 8/7/2017—registration is now open)
- Subtest III (test code 103)
You may register to take any one subtest or all three subtests in a single test session.
- Subtest I: 52 multiple-choice questions and 4 constructed-response questions
- Subtest II: 52 multiple-choice questions and 4 constructed-response questions
- Subtest III: 39 multiple-choice questions and 3 constructed-response questions
Subtest III: 2 hours and 15 minutes
All 3 subtests in a single session: 5 hours
Learn more about how the subtests are administered in a single session .
15 additional minutes is provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial. Any time taken for breaks is considered part of your available testing time.
$247 for all subtests taken together
Review complete fee and payment policy information.
Before you test, review the list of materials that are prohibited at the test center .
A standard four-function on-screen calculator is provided to examinees for Multiple Subjects Subtest II. Read more .
Subtest II includes one or more assignments that allow you to handwrite and scan responses. See scanning instructions and the hand-draw tutorial video for information on how to use a response sheet for handwritten responses. (The instructions will be available during testing.)
Tests may include questions that are evaluated for future administrations and do not affect a candidate's score.